Monday, December 27, 2010

one year later...

Yesterday marked the 1 year anniversary of my move to Little Rock.  On the drive back from Christmas with the family, I had time to think about the past year and what I've seen and done and been through...

This past year has challenged and tested me a lot.  It was the 1st time I've truly lived on my own, in my own apartment.  I've loved having a space that's all mine.  I've had times where I thought "I can't do this, I want to go home" or "This isn't where I'm supposed to be".  I know now that for this time in my life, this is where I'm supposed to be.

I've made a few new friends, reconnected with old ones, even lost a few along the way.  I've noticed that people who are meant to be in your life will work to be a part of your life, others will fall to the side.  I've been so lucky that there are a few people who make the effort to stick around.The people who truly care have stuck by me and I'll never be able to express how much I appreciate them.  I hope this next year brings more new people and memories.

There is one little thing that has come into my life that I can say is the highlight of my year.  In August, I was given my puppy Pressly.  As anyone who's met her can tell you, she's quite the wild woman and full of personality.  I've been so blessed to have her and I love having her around and she definitely lives up to the memory of the amazing woman she was named for.

The past year has been one of the best yet.  I hope to have many more amazing ones, wherever I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment